It’s Day 3 of the 5 day challenge to simplify your life.
You can find the other challenge tasks here:
If, like me, you have a few littlies around, you’ll find yourself constantly (well, it feels like its constant!) dolling out snacks. A piece of apple here, a biscuit there. Handful of nuts, little sandwich, some watermelon.
It can be tempting to reach for the “easy” snacks on the supermarket shelf, rather than taking the time to actually put something wholesome together.
I find the easiest way to keep ahead of the snack game is to have a go-to list of snacks and a fridge or pantry filled with ready-to-go healthy snacks.
- On Sunday night, boil up some eggs so theyre ready to go for quick and easy snacks during the week.
- Keep fresh nuts in a jar, ready to pull a handful out when needed.
- Cut your fruit up at the beginning of the day and keep it in a container in the fridge -ready to hand out at snack time.
- Make a batch of mini pancakes that will last a few snacks, not just one.
- Do the same with sweet potato chips.
- Keep plenty of dried fruit on hand, in a container in the pantry.
- Pre-make home made icy poles or ice creams so that theyre ready to reach for.
As part of Simple Life, Peaceful Home, Ive put together a snack planner that I’d love to share with you today – 18 ideas for quick, easy and healthy snacks for kids or adults. You can download that HERE.
If you want to enjoy more time, more savings, more peace-of-mind as a Mum and home manager, this is what you need…