If you’ve been around here for long, you’ll have noticed I have a thing for simple. And also for low tox living. It’s hard not to get excited when I can combine the two. If you’ve made the switch to a low tox bench spray but felt that switching out your other cleaning products was a bit too complicated, this post is for you.
Thieves Household Cleaner (THC) is seriously the unsung hero of the Young Living range. Not only can it be diluted to create plant-based cleaning for less than $1 per 500 mL, but it can also take care of all your other cleaning. It’s literally the ONLY dedicated cleaner that I own. Aside from a few pantry staples, such as bicarb soda, vinegar and olive oil, THC does the lot and it’s the secret sauce behind a lot of my DIYs.
For a complete rundown of what Thieves Household Cleaner is, why we use it and how to purchase, CLICK HERE.
If you’ve recently invested in this bottle of goodness, here are some ideas for how you can start using it in all areas of the home:
- Sanitise toothbrushes by soaking in a cup of water with 5 mL THC overnight then rinse thoroughly
- Mist your indoor plants with a spray bottle of distilled water and 1 cap of THC
- Deodorise carpets by mixing 1 cap THC in 2 cups of bicarb soda; mix well and sprinkle on carpets before vacuuming
- Make a deep-cleaning scrub with equal parts THC and bicarb soda
- Sanitise tea towels by soaking them in a laundry tub of water overnight with 2 caps THC
- Use undiluted THC directly on paint stains to loosen and liquefy
- Mix 1 cap THC with 1 cup olive oil and use to polish wooden furniture, cabinets and fixtures (optional: add a few drops pine, juniper or cypress essential oil)
- If you have the Thieves laundry liquid and some lemon essential oil, you can try this 3 ingredient stain stick
- Make your own dishwashing tablets using this recipe