If you love a good DIY, here are some lovely ones to make for the kids.
Lullaby Spray – The perfect spray for your little one’s sheets, blankets, & favourite stuffed animals. In a 60 mL spray bottle, add:
● 3 drops Lavender
● 3 drops Cedarwood
● 3 drops Gentle Baby
Top with distilled water and a splash of witch hazel. Shake before use.
Gentle Baby Body Butter – Whip to combine & massage into your little one’s skin.
● 1⁄2 cup Coconut Oil (the kind that is solid at room temperature)
● 1⁄2 cup Unrefined Shea Butter
● 15-20 drops Gentle Baby Oil
Play Dough – In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients and vegetable oil. Slowly add the boiling water, and mix until combined. Transfer to wax paper, and once cooled, split into two equal portions. This is where you can add in food colouring, and essential oils. Knead the dough to combine.
● 2 1⁄2 cups Flour
● 1⁄2 cup Salt
● 2 Tbsp Cream of Tartar
● 3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
● 1 1⁄2 cup Boiling Water
● 2-3 drops oil, and determine if you’d like the scent a little stronger (some oils are more potent, so experiment with ratios – lavender is a great calming choice if you want the dough for quiet time)
● Food colouring that is free from artificial dyes
Rainbow Rice – In a container, combine ingredients & shake. Transfer to a paper towel, allow to dry, and enjoy!
● 1 cup Uncooked Rice
● 1⁄2 Tsp Vinegar
● 2-3 drops Essential Oil
● Food Colouring (1 colour per cup of rice to create a rainbow)