Essential oils can be used in a multitude of ways to enhance your DIY cleaning products. Here are just a few:
- Enhance your furniture polish by adding a few drops of pine essential oil to the polishing rag.
- Vinegar is fabulous for cleaning mould off non-porous surfaces. Add clove essential oil for help killing the mould spores and to prevent it re-surfacing.
- Use bicarb soda and vinegar to create a cleaning paste which is great for most hard surfaces, but especially inside the oven (for best results, use while oven is still warm). Add Thieves essential oil for an extra kick.
- Tea tree essential oil, lemon essential oil or Thieves essential oil are all perfect for removing sticky residue.
- Flush and clean drains by flushing bicarb soda and vinegar through the drain, followed a little later with a few drops of lemon essential oil to remove the stink.
- Create your own DIY roll-on laundry stain remover by adding 15 drops of lemon essential oil in a roller bottle and top with your clothes washing detergent.